KWIC Internet’s Commitment to Privacy
At KWIC Internet, we are committed to respecting the privacy of our customers and our website visitors. For that reason, we have taken, and will continue to take, measures to help protect the privacy of personal information held by us.
1. When we collect personal information
(a) Automatic collection
We may receive certain information automatically when you interact with our website, email addresses and/or online advertising. This may include information such as the type of Internet browser or computer operating system you are using, your IP address and approximate geographical location, and the domain name of the website you just left.
(b) Information you provide to us
When you interact with KWIC Internet, you may wish provide us with personal information including the following:
- Contact information (e.g. name, address, email, telephone number), information about your business (e.g. business name, or your position or job title) that we may use to respond to your inquiry, and to manage your services with us;
- Financial information (including credit card and banking information) to process and manage your services;
(c) Social Media
We may offer you the opportunity to engage with us through third-party social networking websites, plug-ins and applications. Through these platforms, you may allow us to access information associated with your social media account. We may use this information to confirm your identity and to personalize your experience on our website.
2. How we use personal information
As part of our business operations, we collect and use certain personal information about our customers, including contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number, in order to process your requests, provide you with our services and to understand your needs so that we can serve you better. We use credit card and banking information to process payments for your services. We may use demographic and profile data, combined with other publicly available information, to tailor online content according to your preferences. In addition, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage your services;
- Facilitate participation in certain promotions and programs;
- Inform you about opportunities to participate in additional programs and services;
- To respond to your inquiries and, if you ask us to, forward your inquiries to other parties to better assist you;
- Managing and responding to service requests;
- To process payment for your services;
- To meet regulatory or contractual requirements relating to the services and products provided to you; and
- To help identify you when you visit the website, to gather demographic information about users of our website, and to improve our online offerings and website administration.
3. When we share personal information
- If a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally authorizes us or requires us to do so;
- As necessary to help us with our business operations;
- If necessary, to protect the safety or security of users of the website, to detect and prevent fraud or abusive behaviour, or when otherwise required or permitted by law to protect our rights and those of our customers;
- In the event that we sell, transfer or otherwise dispose of the business to an affiliate, successor, or other third-party entity;
- With your consent.
Except as set out above, we do not sell, rent, share or disclose the personal information we gather, or make our customer list available to others, without your consent. Our contractors and third-party service providers are contractually obligated to maintain privacy policies that are equally stringent to our own.
To ensure that the personal information you provided is accurate, complete and up to date, we urge you to provide us with updates regarding such information and to inform us of any errors affecting the personal information that we hold.
5. Security Measures
We maintain technological, organizational and physical safeguards in an effort to protect the personal information held by us from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, distribution, loss or alteration. Access to personal information will be restricted solely to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties.
6. Accessing personal information
Our customers are entitled to access the personal information held by us concerning them. You can access your personal information by emailing a request to us. We will generally respond to your request for information within three business days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case, you will be advised accordingly. Inquiries and requests to access personal information should be submitted using the relevant contact form found on our website, www.kwic.com/contact-us/.
7. Inquiries or Complaints
Updated: December 2020